Was searching online for articles or remedies to ease Bloated Stomach, very uncomfortable feeling that the stomach is full. Not sure why I kept having it, and based on the articles, some of the activities/food will cause bloating, eg:
- Lactose Intolerance
- Lack of water
- Some food, eg. Cauliflower, Brocolli, Cabbage, pasta & carbo, etc
- Swallowing too much air, sometimes can be caused by talking while eating, chewing gum, etc
- Too much fizzy drinks
Looking through the list, really can’t figure out what went wrong. Overeating? Definitely not, because I think I put on weight, trying to eat moderately; Lactose Intolerance, I know I can’t take dairy products, so not this either; Constipation – abit; Lack of water – perhaps, kept reminding myself to drink at least 8 glasses of water; food intake – hm…didn’t eat any cauliflower, brocolli, cabbage, etc lately; Swallowing too much air – can’t be, don’t really like to talk while eating and Chewing Gum banned in Singapore…; don’t really like fizzy drinks either… Hm….so what’s wrong ah??? Went to the doctor and ate the pills…see how it goes…
Now, for some remedies I managed to get online:
- Don’t combine high-gas foods with high-fat foods.
- Less starchy food
- Exercise at least 30mins a day (guilty…think I seldom, or never :p)
- Eat slowly and chew your food thoroughly
- Try drinking chamomile or peppermint tea. It’s good for the digestive system and can help to ease that bloaty feeling.
- Take a walk when bloated
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water
Hope these helps….keeping track of the effects from now on!