Had curry udon last friday and was tempted to try to cook one. Since it was a rainy Monday evening, thought it should be a good time for some hot soupy dinner :p
He he he…boyfriend went online to search and some added Dashi Stock into the curry. Hm…didn’t know that, I thought just add those ready made curry cubes will do. I prepared Dashi Stock once but ended adding too much Bonito Flakes and it became fishy :p Anyways, just realise that there’s ready made Dashi Stock Pack available in NTUC.
Will upload a picture of the Dashi Stock soon. This is the Dashi Stock Pack I bought, there’s instructions at the back indicating the amount of water to cook the sachet in for different purposes, eg. Udon Soup, Miso Soup, Sauce dip for Tempura, etc. Very convenient.
There’s also several Curry Packs, bought Java Curry (seems normal as compared to Apple + Honey). I don’t know…but came across some recipes they actually mixed both together…shall try next time :p
- Chicken, cut into small pieces, seasoned with soy sauce, sesame oil, pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 Udon packs
- Curry cubes (1/2 pack - I wonder if it's too much, shall reduce the portion next time)
- Carrot, cut into small pieces (only added 1 since he doesn't eat carrot)
- Potato, cut into small pieces
- Dashi Stock (1 pack with 8 cups of water)
- Heat oil on medium heat in a frying pan.
- Add Chicken into the pan. Stir fry until the meat is almost cooked.
- Add Carrot and Potato.
- Add Dashi Stock into the pan and bring it to boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 10mins
- Turn off the heat, add the curry cubes and dissolve it completely into the mixture.
- Heat the curry on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Pour the curry over cooked Udon in a bowl and serve.
– ♥ –
저는 린 입니다
Hi! I'm Lynn and I'm most commonly known as happie feet (they said that I walked like a penguin!)
I do nothing but everything about Digital Marketing & Social Media in the day. Eat and Eat at night :)